Tuna Mac Salad
Author: Supermarket Gourmet by Jyl Steinback, America’s Healthiest Mom
Recipe type: Salads
An easy anytime salad that can be made with ingredients that are usually on hand. Make ahead; Low fat; Low cholesterol.
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- 1⅓ cups medium shell pasta, cooked, rinsed and drained
- 1 large cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 9½ oz. can tuna packed in water, drained well and flaked
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- ¾ cup nonfat ranch salad dressing
- ¾ cup shredded nonfat cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons sliced green onions
- Place lettuce in bottom of a 3 quart glass bowl
- Top with pasta, cucumber, tomatoes, tuna and peas.
- Spread salad dressing in one layer over the top
- Sprinkle with cheese and green onions.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Toss salad just before serving.
Calories: 244 Fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 34g Sodium: 604mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 23g Cholesterol: 8mg