Strawberry Breakfast Sandwich
Author: Meals Matter California Strawberry Commission
Recipe type: Breakfast Dishes
A strawberry breakfast sandwich sounds strange, but this one isn’t! English muffins topped with cheese, honey, and strawberries make a delicious start to the day. Quick to Prepare (under 30 minutes); Simple (6 ingredients or less); Good Source of Calcium.
- 8 oz Neufchatel cheese or low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 tbl Honey
- 1 tsp Grated lemon zest
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
- 2 cups (~10 oz.) sliced stemmed California strawberries
- In food processor, process cheese, honey and zest until well mixed, or mix in bowl with wooden spoon.
- Spread 1 tblspn cheese mixture on cut side of 1 muffin half; top with ¼ cup strawberries.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients to make 8 open-faced sandwiches.
Calories: 215 Fat: 5g Carbohydrates: 37g Sodium: 277mg Fiber: 4g Protein: 7g