Savory Stuffed Tomatoes
Author: Meals Matter
Recipe type: Vegetables
- 4 medium vine-ripened tomatoes, tops trimmed
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 scallion, chopped
- ⅓ cup shredded Gouda cheese
- 2 tbs.grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 350*F. Using spoon, hollow out tomatoes; chop flesh and reserve.
- In a sauce pot of boiling water, cook hollowed tomatoes 1 minute. drain upside down on paper towels.
- In skillet, melt butter. add next 3 ingredients; cook 2 minutes. remove from heat. add cheese and tomatoes
- Divide evenly among tomato shells. place in pie plate. bake 10 minutes.
Stirring tomato pulp into the bread-crumb mixture ensures a moist filling-without the calories that extra oil or butter would add to the dish
Calories: 310 Fat: 26g Saturated fat: 10g Carbohydrates: 15g Sodium: 266mg Fiber: 3g Protein: 7g