Salsa Style Fish Fillets
Author: Supermarket Gourmet by Jyl Steinback, America's Healthiest Mom
Recipe type: Entrees
An easy to prepare hearty fish dish with a southwest flavor. Easy to prepare; Low calorie; Low fat.
- 1 lb. frozen halibut fillets
- 1 cup Southwest style salsa with corn and beans
- ¼ teaspoon Southwest seasoning
- ½ cup shredded nonfat mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Spray a shallow baking dish with cooking spray; arrange fish fillets in a single layer in dish.
- Sprinkle fillets with Southwest seasoning; pour salsa over top.
- Cover dish and bake 25 to 30 minutes.
- Uncover dish; sprinkle with cheese and bake 5 to 8 minutes, until cheese is melted and lightly browned.
Jyl's tip: Substitute any Mexican or salt free spicy seasoning, or a blend of black pepper, red pepper, chili powder, cumin and garlic for Southwest seasoning.
Calories: 164 Fat: 2.6g Carbohydrates: 3g Sodium: 350mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 29g Cholesterol: 36mg