Roasted Garlic Avocado Pasta
Author: © Courtesy of California Avocado Commission
Recipe type: Entrees
Roasting mellows the flavor of the garlic and vegetables and the avocado adds a delicious creamy finish. Easy to prepare; Low Calories.
- 1 ½ medium zucchini, cut in half lengthwise and sliced
- ½ leek (white part only) thinly sliced, separated
- ½ medium red and yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ Chinese eggplant, cut in half lengthwise and sliced
- 1 ½ Tablespoon balsamic vinegar, divided
- ½ Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 ½ medium cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt and pepper
- 4 oz penne pasta, cooked
- ¼ pound boneless, skinless chicken, cooked and shredded
- ¼ cup salt reduced, fat free chicken broth
- ½ bunch fresh basil, 1 whole leaf per serving plus additional thinly chopped leaves (optional)
- ½ ripe California avocado, seeded, peeled and cut into 16 slices
- In a large roasting pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, combine all vegetables.
- In a small bowl, blend 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Pour over vegetables and toss to coat.
- Roast in preheated 375 degrees F. oven for 45 min, stirring twice.
- Remove vegetables from oven and pour on remaining tablespoon of balsamic vinegar.
- In a large bowl, toss together cooked pasta, roasted garlic and vegetables, chicken, chicken broth and fresh basil (optional).
- Portion into 8 pasta bowls.
- Place two slices avocado and a fresh basil leaf on each.
Calories: 200 Fat: 6g Carbohydrates: 21g Sodium: 300mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 15g Cholesterol: 30mg