Roasted Garlic and Herb Cannellini Dip
Author: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes Edited by Linda Eugene, R.D., C.D.E., Sue Spitler, and Linda R. Yoakam, R.D., M.S.
Recipe type: Appetizers & Snacks
An easy and sophisticated bean dip. Easy to prepare; Low Fat; Low cholesterol, Vegetarian
- 1 can (15 oz) cannellini, or Great Northern beans rinsed, drained
- 1 teaspoon minced roasted garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoon minced chives
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- ½ teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 2-3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 2-3 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt and white pepper, to taste
- Pita chips
- Assorted vegetables, as dippers
- Process beans, garlic, olive oil, and horseradish in food processor until smooth.
- Mix in chives, herbs, and hot pepper sauce.
- Season to taste with lemon juice, salt, and white pepper.
- Refrigerate 1 to 2 hours for flavors to blend.
- Spoon dip into bowl; serve with pita chips and vegetables (not included in nutritional data).
Calories: 75 Fat: 2.8g Saturated fat: .3g Carbohydrates: 13.1g Sodium: 167mg Fiber: n/a Protein: 5.3g Cholesterol: 0mg