Quick Beef Flank Steak and Veggies
Author: MealsMatter.org, FoodTV
Recipe type: Entrees
This is a low-fat, low-carb, easy, and truly tasty dinner for five, or dinner for two with another yield of leftovers for two other dinners! Quick to Prepare (under 30 minutes)
- 1½ pound flank steak or the smallest one they'll sell you
- 1 lime, juiced
- Coarse salt and cracked black pepper
- ½ bunch broccoli, peeled, cut into florets
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 2 cobs shucked corn, cut into 2-inch slices
- 1 medium sweet onion (pink or Maui) chopped into wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven broiler.
- Marinate flank steak in lime juice, salt and pepper. Do this directly on the paper the steak comes wrapped in for easy clean up.
- Place steak on broiler pan and cook, turning once until medium rare, about 4 to 5 minutes per side. Remove to a cutting board to rest.
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F.
- Toss broccoli, onions, and carrots with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Pour onto a cookie sheet in a single layer. Roast, turning once, until tender and cooked through, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Slice flank steak into thin strips, serve 3 to 4 ounces per person with a side of the veggies.
Leftover flank steak makes great stir-fry, hot and cold beef sandwiches, beefy gravy over noodles or baked potatoes, etc. The veggies work great in homemade soups.
Calories: 357 Fat: 21g Saturated fat: 7g Carbohydrates: 14g Fiber: 4.3g Protein: 31g