Power Gold Smoothie
Author: Produce for Better Health Foundation (PBH) by Chef Carmen I. Jones, CCP
Recipe type: Beverages
A vitamin packed smoothie that is tasty too!
- 2 ¼ cups chopped or grated carrots*
- 1 ½ cups pineapple juice
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tsp. honey
- 3 to 4 ice cubes
- ½ cup vanilla low-fat yogurt
- Place chopped or grated carrots in blender and turn on HIGH.
- Lower speed and remove blender lid access and slowly pour 2 to 3 tablespoons of the pineapple juice, allowing the carrots to be pureed until smooth.
- Slowly pour in remaining juice with honey.
- Blend until smooth and somewhat frothy; then with blender on HIGH, add ice cubes.
- Blend until ice cubes are blended smooth.
- Stop blender, add yogurt, return lid and blend until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour into chilled glasses and enjoy a great taste with power and energy.
*Chef’s Note: If a smoother consistency is desired, microwave the grated carrot with 1 tablespoon of water in a covered microwave dish on high for 2 to 3 minutes. Proceed as directed above.
Calories: 143 Fat: 0.7g Saturated fat: 0.3g Carbohydrates: 32g Sodium: 75mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 3g Cholesterol: 2mg