Poached Salmon with Mustard-Dill Sauce
Author: Supermarket Gourmet by Jyl Steinback, America's Healthiest Mom
Recipe type: Entrees
- ¾ cup nonfat sour cream
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. dried dill
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. sugar
- ¾ lb. 1 inch thick salmon fillets
- 3 cups water
- ½ cup white wine vinegar
- ½ cup sliced onion
- 1 rib celery
- 1 bay leaf
- Pepper to taste
- Combine sour cream, mustard, dill, onion powder and sugar in a small bowl; mix until blended creamy and smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate 30 to 60 minutes.
- Wrap salmon in a double thickness of aluminum foil and seal tightly.
- Combine water, vinegar, onion, celery, bay leaf and pepper in a shallow pan or skillet; bring to a boil over high heat; boil 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add wrapped salmon and simmer 10 minutes, until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove from pan and serve with mustard-dill sauce.
Calories: 187 Fat: 4.4g Carbohydrates: 17g Sodium: 322mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 20g Cholesterol: 44mg