Diabetes is complicated and pet diabetes is no exception. Here are some pet diabetes resources that you might find helpful.
Thank you to petdiabetes.com for providing the core of this comprehensive pet diabetes resources list. If you have any additions, corrections or suggestions, please send them to email@example.com.
Comprehensive Overview for Pet Diabetes
Diabetes Terms – Defeat Diabetes Foundation
- Canine Diabetic Dog food Recipes
- What Do I Feed My Diabetic Pet?
- My Cocker Spaniel
- Recipes for pet food
- Nutrition data and recipes
- Healthy pet treats
- Quality cat foods
- Quality dog foods
- Dog food analysis
- Comparison of 3 most prescribed pet diabetic foods
- Overview of treatment of diabetes in cats.
- UK based website Treating Diabetes in Cats
- Treating cats with diabetes plus a message board.
- Cornell Feline Health Center
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Insulin Info and Syringe/How To Inject Insulin Info
- Comparison of different types of insulin.
- Chart of which states need a prescription for insulin or syringes.
- Auburn VetMed Site
- Veterinary Practice News
Syringe/How To Inject Insulin Info
- Syringe conversion (canine)
- Syringe conversion
- How to inject insulin (wiki)
- How to inject insulin.
- How to avoid painful injection tips.
- Comfortable injection tips.
Possible Insulin Reactions or Complications
Pets with Diabetes and Other Health Issues
Pancreas & Pancreatitis
UTI – Urinary Tract Infection
Pet Loss and Prayers
- Prayer Book and Prayer Guestbook
- St. Francis Prayer
- Pet Memorial Poems by Cryssy
- Memorial Pages of Member’s Pets
Questions to ask a veterinarian about diabetes
- Print these questions out and take to your veterinarian.
- www.petdiabetes.net – Muffin Pet Diabetes Support Group
Tutorials/Pictures for Blood Testing
- Callus blood test
- Carpal pad blood test
- Dewclaw/carpal pad picture
- Ear blood test
- Ear blood test
- Lip blood test
- Outside of lip blood test
- Tail blood test
- Ear prick
- Ear testing on a different website along with useful tips
- Video on obtaining blood from a cat’s ear
- Glucose testing a cat