Recipe type: Side Dishes – Carbs
This hearty and creamy dish counts as a whole grain and makes an excellent side dish for any protein. Quick to Prepare (under 30 minutes); Simple (5 ingredients or less); Vegetarian; Good Source of Calcium.
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 4 cups canned vegetable broth (reduced sodium)
- 1½ cups yellow cornmeal
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray 8x8x2-inch glass baking dish with vegetable oil spray.
- Bring broth to boil in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Gradually whisk in cornmeal. Continue to whisk until mixture is very thick, about 3 minutes.
- Mix in cheese. Pour into prepared dish.
- Bake polenta until top begins to brown, about 30 minutes. Serve hot.
Leftovers are great with scrambled eggs for brunch.
Calories: 300 Fat: 5.3g Saturated fat: 2.7g Carbohydrates: 51g Sodium: 1281mg Fiber: 2.5g Protein: 10g