Overnight Caramel French Toast
Author: Meals Matter
Recipe type: Breakfast Dishes
Easy to prepare, sweet and yummy. Great when topped with vanilla or fruit yogurt! Quick to Prepare (under 30 minutes); Kids Love It; Make Ahead.
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup light-colored corn syrup
- ¼ cup butter
- Cooking spray
- 10 (1-ounce) slices French bread
- 2½ cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine butter, brown sugar and corn syrup in a small saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until mixture is bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Pour mixture evenly into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Arrange bread slices in a single layer over syrup in dish.
- Combine milk, flour, vanilla, salt and eggs in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Pour egg mixture over bread slices.
- Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine 2 tablespoons granulated sugar and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle evenly over bread.
- Bake at 350° for 50 minutes or until golden.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Calories: 314 Fat: 7.2g Saturated fat: 3.2g Unsaturated fat: 0.6g Carbohydrates: 57.4g Sodium: 360mg Fiber: 1.1g Protein: 6.2g