Orange Apricot Chicken Tenders
Author: The Fat Free Living Family Cookbook by Jyl Steinback, America's Healthiest Mom
Recipe type: Entrees
Another easy to prepare weeknight chicken dish. Easy to prepare; Low fat.
- 2 teaspoon fat-free chicken broth
- 2 lb. fat-free chicken tenders
- 2 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ cup apricot preserves
- ⅓ cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, minced
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon cloves
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- Heat wok (or skillet); add chicken broth and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken tenders; sprinkle with onion powder.
- Cook chicken 6-8 minutes, stirring frequently, until no longer pink.
- Remove chicken from wok; set aside and keep warm.
- Combine apricot preserves, orange juice, cilantro, garlic powder, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and pepper in wok and mix well.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Remove wok from heat and stir in chicken tenders; toss until well coated.
- Serve immediately over rice or couscous.
Calories: 235 Fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 22g Sodium: 306mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 35g Cholesterol: 74mg