Author: Fruits & Veggies—More Matters™ recipes.
Recipe type: Appetizers & Snacks
This is a hearty and rich version of this versatile and popular Italian appetizer. Easy to prepare; Quick to prepare; Low Calorie; Low Fat; Low Sodium.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 teaspoon hot curry powder
- 1 ½ lbs. button mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 teaspoon dried leaf oregano, crushed
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ⅓ cup finely chopped parsley
- salt and pepper, to taste (optional)
- 1 loaf or 16 ½ inch thick slices of Italian or French bread
- extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- Heat oil, pepper and curry powder in deep skillet over medium high heat.
- Add mushrooms, onion, 2 cloves minced garlic and oregano.
- Mix well, cover and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Remove lid, lower heat and continue to cook, stirring often until mushroom mixture is somewhat dry in texture.
- Remove from heat and mix in vinegar and chopped parsley.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Cool to room temperature.
- Toast bread until golden.
- While toast is still warm, rub cut garlic on one side of each slice. If desired, drizzle with olive oil.
- Place mushroom topping on bruschetta and serve immediately.
*Optional ingredients (olive oil) is not included in dietary analysis.
Calories: 105 Fat: 2.6g Saturated fat: 0.4g Carbohydrates: 16g Sodium: 120mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 5g Cholesterol: 0mg