Mixed Greens with Walnut, Goat Cheese & Pear
Author: Duke Diet and Fitness Center Cookbook, Spring '05 Cookbook By Duke University Diet & Fitness Center
Recipe type: Salads
The walnuts add an earthy crunch and the pears just a touch of sweetness. Easy to prepare; Low cholesterol; Low sodium.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 8 cups romaine lettuce, julienne cut
- 4 oz. goat cheese
- 2 oz. walnuts, chopped
- ½ cup pear, julienne cut
- Mix oil, vinegar, pepper and mustard in a small bowl.
- Toss romaine lettuce in dressing and place on a plate.
- Top with goat cheese, walnuts, and pears.
*The Duke Diet and Fitness Center's meals are low in calories, fat and sodium, but high in taste. The Center's meals have a daily total of approximately 1,500 mg of sodium. The USDA 2005 dietary guidelines for Americans is to consume less than 2,300 mg of sodium.
Calories: 260 Fat: 17g Carbohydrates: 10g Sodium: * Fiber: * Protein: 11g Cholesterol: *