Maple Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Author: Countertop Magician by Jyl Steinback, Americas Healthiest Mom
Recipe type: Side Dishes - Carbs
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, washed and dried
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Pierce sweet potatoes in several places with a fork.
- Microwave on High 7 to 8 minutes per potato.
- Remove from microwave and let cool 15 minutes. Cut potatoes in half; remove pulp and place in medium bowl.
- Add syrup, cinnamon, and ginger; mash until smooth.
- Reheat in microwave on High 2 to 3 minutes, until completely heated through.
Calories: 176 Fat: .2g Carbohydrates: 25g Sodium: 32mg Fiber: 3g Protein: 2g Cholesterol: 0mg