Lemon Pepper Asparagus Spears
Author: Cook Once, Eat For A Week by Jyl Steinback, Americas Healthiest Mom
Recipe type: Vegetables
- 1½ lbs. fresh or frozen asparagus
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. grated nonfat Parmesan cheese
- ¼ to ½ tsp. lemon pepper
- Spray microwave-safe dish with cooking spray.
- Snap off ends of fresh asparagus and place in dish.
- Drizzle asparagus with lemon juice; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and lemon pepper.
- Cover with plastic wrap, leaving one corner slightly opened.
- Microwave fresh asparagus on High 10 to 15 minutes, until crisp-tender. For best results, turn dish every 5 minutes unless microwave has rotating dish.
- This dish can be prepared, refrigerated and reheated in microwave 1 to 2 minutes until heated through.
- If using frozen asparagus, do not assemble until ready to heat.
Calories: 36 Fat: 0.3g Carbohydrates: 6g Sodium: 27mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 4g Cholesterol: 0mg