Author: Fruits & Veggies—More Matters™ recipes.
Recipe type: Desserts
Low fat; Quick to prepare
- 12 large kiwifruit, peeled and cut into ¾-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ package (3.2 oz.) prepared corn muffin mix
- 1 tablespoon additional brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Vanilla ice cream or cream (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 375ºF.
- Place cubed kiwifruit in well-greased baking casserole.
- Combine brown sugar, lemon peel and flour and sprinkle on top of fruit.
- Mix lightly and place in hot oven for 25 minutes.
- Prepare ½ package muffin mix as directed.
- When fruit mixture is hot and bubbling, spoon on prepared mix.
- Mix the extra brown sugar and nutmeg and sprinkle on top.
- Return cobbler to oven for another 18-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and done.
- Remove and allow to cool. Serve warm, with ice cream or cream, if desired.
*Optional ingredients are not included in dietary analysis.
Calories: 195 Fat: 2.5g Saturated fat: .5g Carbohydrates: 43g Sodium: 132mg Fiber: 6g Protein: 3g Cholesterol: 2g