Author: The Fat Free Living 2 Cookbook by Jyl Steinback, America’s Healthiest Mom
Recipe type: Breakfast Dishes
A super easy, rich and low fat crepe. low fat; low cholesterol; make ahead
- ½ cup flour
- ⅓ cup skim milk
- 1 large egg white
- ½ cup nonfat cottage cheese
- 2 teaspoon honey
- ⅓ teaspoon ginger
- cinnamon to taste
- Combine the milk and egg white in a small bowl.
- Add the milk mixture to the flour, stirring just to combine the ingredients.
- Lightly spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set over moderately high heat.
- When the skillet is hot, pour in 2 tablespoons of the batter, turning the pan to make a thin pancake.
- Cook for 30 seconds on each side, or until the crepe is golden brown.
- Transfer to a plate, top with wax paper, and repeat until all the batter is used.
- Combine the cottage cheese, honey, ginger, and cinnamon, and blend until mixture is very smooth.
- Spread each crepe with a tablespoon of cheese mixture, fold in half, then fold in half again.
- The crepes can be prepared in advance, stacked between sheets of wax paper, wrapped, and frozen. Thaw before serving.
Calories: 105 Fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 17g Sodium: 126mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 7g Cholesterol: 3mg