Honey and Fig Acorn Squash
Author: Courtesy of California Fig Advisory Board
Recipe type: Side Dishes - Carbs
- 2 Acorn squash halved lengthwise, seeded
- 3 Tbs Butter
- ⅓ cup Honey
- ¾ cup Dried Calif. Figs, chopped
- ⅓ cup Almonds, chopped
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg
- Place squash cut sides down in medium baking pan.
- Add boiling water to a depth of ¼ inch.
- Cover with foil. Bake at 350 degrees 30 minutes, until just cooked through but still firm. Carefully remove foil and pour off water.
- In small saucepan, melt butter over low heat, stir in honey, figs, almonds, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Turn squash cut sides up and fill with fig mixture.
- Bake uncovered, 20 to 25 minutes longer, until squash is tender and filling is bubbly.
Calories: 388 Fat: 15.2g Carbohydrates: 66.1g Sodium: 11.8mg Fiber: 7.6g Protein: 5.4g Cholesterol: 22.9mg