Grilled Veggie Sandwich
Author: Fat Free Living Cookbook From Around The World by Jyl Steinback, America’s Healthiest Mom
Recipe type: Lunch
A sun dried tomato and cheese spread is the perfect accompaniment to these grilled veggies. Be sure to use a sturdy bread! Low fat; Low cholesterol.
- 1 cup sun dried tomatoes (not oil packed)
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced thin
- 1 medium yellow squash, sliced thin
- 1 small eggplant, sliced thin
- 1 red bell pepper, quartered and seeded
- 2 medium portabello mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fat free vegetable broth or water
- 3 tablespoons fat free Parmesan cheese
- 8 slices fat free bread (French, Italian, multi-grain)
- Combine sun dried tomatoes, garlic, vegetable broth and Parmesan cheese in a food processor or blender and process until pasty. Set aside.
- Remove stems and “lungs” from mushrooms.
- Lightly spray all the veggies with nonfat cooking spray and grill until lightly browned on both sides.
- Spread tomato mixture on bread slices and top with grilled veggies
Calories: 235 Fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 48g Sodium: 387mg Fiber: 4g Protein: 10g Cholesterol: 0mg