Gingery Salmon with Cucumber and Radish Salad
Author: Meals Matter, America's Test Kitchen/ATK
Recipe type: Entrees
- 1 tablespoon Grated fresh ginger
- 3 cloves Garlic , minced
- 2 teaspoons Ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon Grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- Table salt and ground black pepper
- 4 Salmon fillets , each about 6 ounces
- 1 Large cucumber (about 8 ounces), peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, and sliced diagonally into ¼-inch pieces
- 6 - 8 Radishes , washed, trimmed, and cut in half and then into thin half-moon slices
- ⅓ cup Plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- Adjust oven rack so that it sits about 4 inches from heating element. Preheat broiler. Combine the ginger, 2 cloves of garlic, coriander, lemon zest, and olive oil in a small bowl. Arrange salmon fillets on baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper and spread mixture onto the top of salmon fillets. Set aside while preparing the salad.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cucumber, radishes, yogurt, cilantro, 1 clove of garlic, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Broil salmon until ginger crust turns golden and slightly crispy and a peek at inside of fish with paring knife shows that they are just cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer salmon to serving platter or individual plates and serve with cucumber salad.
Broilers vary in heat output, so cooking times vary dramatically. When you are broiling, it is best not to walk away from the oven. Keep a close watch on your food, and start checking after a few minutes. Serve with basmati or coconut basmati rice.
Calories: 244 Fat: 15g Saturated fat: 3g Unsaturated fat: 4g Carbohydrates: 4.6g Sodium: 78mg Fiber: .7g Protein: 21g