Eggs in a Cumulus Cloud
Author: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes Edited by Linda Eugene, R.D., C.D.E., Sue Spitler, and Linda R. Yoakam, R.D., M.S.
Recipe type: Breakfast Dishes
This dish takes bagels and eggs to a whole new level. low fat.
- 2 pumpernickel bagels, split, toasted
- 8 tablespoon fat-free cream cheese
- 4 eggs, separated
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Parsley sprigs, as garnish
- Paprika, as garnish
- Spread toasted bagel halves with cream cheese.
- Beat egg whites to stiff peaks; spoon completely over bagel halves, covering hole.
- Make a well in center of egg white and place 1 yolk in each well.
- Broil 6 inches from heat source until egg white is lightly browned and yolks are set, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Garnish with parsley and paprika.
Calories: 188 Fat: 6.4g Saturated fat: 1.8g Carbohydrates: 26.4g Sodium: 332mg Fiber: n/a Protein: 15.1g