Choc-o-lot Chip Zucchini Bread
Author: Supermarket Gourmet by Jyl Steinback. America's Healthiest Mom
Recipe type: Breads
This moist bread adds just a touch of chocolate for added sweetness. Low fat; Low cholesterol
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup egg substitute
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- ¼ cup miniature chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 9 X 5 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon in a large bowl; mix well.
- Add sugars, egg substitute, applesauce, vanilla and zucchini; mix until ingredients are combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into loaf pan.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool slightly before removing from pan; slice and serve.
Calories: 119 Fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 27g Sodium: 72mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 3g Cholesterol: 0mg