Chili Corn Muffins
Author: Cook Once, Eat For A Week by Jyl Steinback, America's Healthiest Mom
Recipe type: Breads
The addition of whole corn and green chiles adds extra texture and heat to these muffins. Low fat; Low cholesterol
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup cornmeal
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup plain nonfat yogurt
- ⅔ cup skim milk
- 1½ teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ cup egg substitute
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 cup shredded nonfat cheddar cheese
- 2 Tablespoons chopped green chiles
- ¾ cup canned corn kernels, drained
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray 12 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, baking soda & baking powder in large bowl; mix well.
- Combine yogurt, skim milk & lemon juice in medium bowl; mix until completely blended & let stand 5 to 8 minutes.
- Stir in egg substitute, honey, cheese, green chiles & corn; mix well.
- Add to flour mixture & mix until all ingredients are moistened.
- Fill muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Muffins can be individually wrapped & stored in plastic freezer bag in freezer.
- Reheat directly from freezer in microwave on High 1 to 1½ minutes per muffin.
Calories: 113 Fat: .4g Carbohydrates: 21g Sodium: 221mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 6g Cholesterol: 1mg