Chicken with Oranges and Avocados
Author: Meals Matter
Recipe type: Entrees
Delicious grilled chicken with a beautiful and tasty garnish. Easy to prepare; Quick to Prepare (under 30 minutes); Kids can help make it; Good Source of Calcium.
- 1 cup low fat yogurt
- ¼ cup minced red onion
- 2 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Ground black pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts - 4-6 oz each
- 1 Avocado
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Mix yogurt, onion, cilantro and honey in a large bowl.
- Add the chicken to the mixture and coat evenly.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill or broiler.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and discard the marinade.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken on the grill or under the broiler and cook until the juices run clear.
- While chicken is cooking, peel, core and chop the avocado and toss it with the lime juice quickly so that it doesn't discolor. Add the oranges, onion and cilantro.
- Season with salt and serve on top of the chicken.
Calories: 366 Fat: 12g Saturated fat: 3g Unsaturated fat: 2g Carbohydrates: 19g Sodium: 265mg Fiber: 3g Protein: 47g