Baked Stuffed Jalapeno Peppers
Recipe type: Appetizers & Snacks
Spicy and creamy, this makes a fun party appetizers; Low fat; Low carb.
- ¾ cup Fine, dry bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 40 Each whole pickled jalapeno peppers (about 3 jars)
- 1 (8-ounce) pkg. reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup Low fat cheddar cheese, grated
- ½ cup Egg substitute
- Combine bread crumbs and paprika in a small bowl, set aside.
- Split peppers down one side. Carefully remove seeds and pulp.
- Combine cheeses. Stuff each pepper with 1 Tbsp cheese mixture.
- Dip in egg substitute, and roll in bread crumb mixture.
- Arrange on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350*F. for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
Calories: 30 Fat: 2g Saturated fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 2g Sodium: 100mg Fiber: 0g Protein: 2g