Asian Duck Salad
Author: Duke Diet and Fitness Center Cookbook, Spring '05 Cookbook By Duke University Diet & Fitness Center
Recipe type: Lunch
This is a yummy and rich salad - no leftover duck? Substitute chicken or turkey. Easy to prepare; Low calorie; Low fat; Low cholesterol.
- 12 oz. duck (meat only), cooked
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
- 1 red pepper
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 oz. scallions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp peanuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Zing Sauce (or Heinz 57 Sauce)
- 1 cup cabbage, sliced
- Thinly slice duck and add teriyaki sauce, honey, soy sauce, zing sauce, and scallions. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix greens and cabbage together.
- Place 1¼ cup of the greens mixture onto the center of a plate and top with about 3.5 oz. of the duck.
- Thinly slice the red pepper and garnish the top of the salad. Also top with about ¾ tsp of chopped peanuts.
*The Duke Diet and Fitness Center's meals are low in calories, fat and sodium, but high in taste. The Center's meals have a daily total of approximately 1,500 mg of sodium. The USDA 2005 dietary guidelines for Americans is to consume less than 2,300 mg of sodium.
Calories: 150 Fat: 5g Carbohydrates: 8g Sodium: * Fiber: * Protein: 19g Cholesterol: *