Artichoke Pita Chips
Author: Recipes For Fat Free Living 2 by Jyl Steinback, America’s Healthiest Mom
Recipe type: Appetizers & Snacks
Low fat; makes 5 dozen
- ¼ cup water
- 1 9 oz. package frozen artichoke hearts
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup nonfat cottage cheese
- ⅓ cup fat free mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 8 small pita pockets
- Grated fat free Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Combine artichokes, water and celery in a small saucepan and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Drain well.
- Combine artichoke mixture and onions and chop finely in a food processor. Scrape this into a large bowl.
- Puree the cottage cheese in the processor and add the pureed cottage cheese, mayonnaise and lemon juice to the artichoke mixture.
- Split pitas in half and spread with 3 tablespoons artichoke mixture (on rough side of pita), sprinkle on cheese (if desired), and cut into 4 wedges.
- Arrange on baking sheets and bake in a preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until heated through and the edges are brown.
- Serve immediately.
Calories: 157 Fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 27g Sodium: 500mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 11g Cholesterol: 4g