Applesauce with Dried Cranberries
Author: mealsmatter.org; Food & Wine
Recipe type: Sauces, Spreads & Marinades
A sweet and tart applesauce with a bonus cranberry punch. Much better than anything you can find in a jar and easy too! Quick to Prepare (under 30 minutes); Simple (6 ingredients or less); Kids can help make it; Make Ahead; Vegetarian
- 2¼ pounds large McIntosh apples-peeled, quartered and cored
- 2 tablespoon Fresh lemon juice
- 3 1 by 3 inch strips of lemon zest
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup sparking apple cider
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- In a large saucepan, bring the apples, lemon juice and zest, sugar, sparkling cider and cranberries to a boil.
- Cover and simmer over moderately low heat until the apples soften, 20 minutes; stir to break up the apples slightly.
- Transfer to a bowl; discard the lemon zest.
- Serve warm or at room temperature
Calories: 204 Fat: 1g Saturated fat: 0g Unsaturated fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 53 Sodium: 1mg Fiber: 5g Protein: 1g