Apple Yogurt Coleslaw
Author: Dairy Council of California
Recipe type: Salads
Green apples and green cabbage - old fashioned, low-fat coleslaw with a yogurty, gourmet twist!
- 8 cups thinly sliced green cabbage (about 1¾ pounds)
- 4 cups chopped unpeeled Granny Smith apple (about 2 medium)
- 1 cup coarsely shredded carrot
- ⅓ cup reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 1 (8-ounce) carton plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl; toss well and set aside.
- Combine next 7 ingredients in a bowl; stir well.
- Pour over cabbage mixture; toss gently.
- Cover and chill 8 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Serving size: 1 cup Calories: 95 Fat: 2g Saturated fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 17g Sodium: 239mg Fiber: 3g Protein: 3g