Whole Wheat Apple Pancakes
Author: Meals Matter Food Network
Recipe type: Breakfast Dishes
- 1 cup Low fat buttermilk
- ¾ cup Nonfat milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 6 tablespoons Pure maple syrup
- 1 medium apple, diced
- ¾ cup All purpose flour
- ¾ cup Whole wheat four
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- Preheat the oven to 250.
- Put the apple in a microwave-safe bowl and tightly cover with plastic wrap; microwave on high until softened, about 2 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk the buttermilk, nonfat milk, eggs and honey, then slowly add the dry ingredients, stirring until just combined.
- Heat a large nonstick griddle or skillet over medium heat.
- Spoon ¼ cup batter onto the griddle for each pancake and sprinkle each with apple, then drizzle a little more batter over the apple.
- Cook until the tops are bubbly and the edges are dry, about 2 minutes.
- Flip and cook until golden brown, 1 to 2 more minutes.
- Keep the pancakes warm on a baking sheet in the oven while making the rest.
- Place 2 pancakes on each plate.
- Drizzle with the syrup.
Calories: 230 Fat: 3g Saturated fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 46g Sodium: 290mg Fiber: 3g Protein: 8g