The Mission of Defeat Diabetes Foundation (DDF) is the prevention, early identification and self-management of the global epidemic, diabetes. We work with individuals and organizations worldwide through our awareness and assistance programs.
Accurate and accessible information is how we deliver our message through our website, www.DefeatDiabetes.org.
We have developed the following guidelines for advertising and sponsorship on DefeatDiabetes.org:
- Defeat Diabetes Foundation has the sole discretion for accepting or rejecting any advertisement to be displayed on DefeatDiabetes.org. DDF reserves the right to cancel, remove or reject, at any time, any advertisement appearing on DefeatDiabetes.org. DDF reserves the right to determine placement of any accepted advertisement.
- On the rare occasion that DDF recommends a sponsor’s service or product, it will be clearly stated. It will always be in keeping with our stated mission.
- All advertisements and sponsorships are clearly stated. It will be marked as “advertising” or “sponsorship”. Unless it specifically includes “we are recommending” or “Defeat Diabetes Foundation recommends”, DDF does not endorse a product or service.
- DDF does not accept the follow types of advertisements:
- Illegal or objectionable products (DDF will determine what is objectionable)
- False, misleading or deceptive claims
- Weapons, firearms, fireworks or ammunition
- Political or religious advertisements
5. Re Conflict of Interest: We will not accept advertising of products or services that we deem to be contradictory to our stated goals.
6. Our editorial content is not influenced by the funding sources.
Any updates we may periodically make to this policy will be posted here.