Warm Corn and Tomato Salad
Author: Meals Matter FoodTV.com
Recipe type: Salads
Quick to Prepare (under 30 minutes); Low Sodium.
- 2 tablespoons Extra-virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan
- 1 Small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 Small green or orange bell pepper, chopped
- 4 Scallions, chopped, whites and greens
- 3 cloves Chopped garlic cloves
- 4 cups Frozen corn kernels
- 3 Plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 Ripe lime, juiced
- ½ teaspoon Ground cumin, eyeball it
- 1 tablespoon Cayenne pepper sauce, recommended: Tabasco, eyeball it
- 1 teaspoon Sweet paprika, eyeball it
- Coarse salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons Chopped cilantro or parsley leaves, to garnish
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add oil, peppers, scallions and garlic. Cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add corn to the pan and allow the liquids from frozen corn to cook out, about 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes to the pan and the juice of 1 lime. Throw the lime halves right into the pan with the veggies, it will really punch up the flavor.
- Season with cumin, cayenne sauce, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Top with cilantro or parsley and transfer the warm salad to a serving dish.
Calories: 122 Fat: 4g Saturated fat: 1g Unsaturated fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 22g Sodium: 91mg Fiber: 3g Protein: 3g