Veggie Potato Frittata
Author: Countertop Magician by Jyl Steinback, America’s Healthiest Mom
Recipe type: Breakfast Dishes
A frittata is an easy one skillet egg dish. This version is substantial with veggies and potatoes. easy to prepare; low fat; low cholesterol.
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- ½ cup egg substitute
- 4 large egg whites
- 1½ teaspoon vegetable broth
- ⅓ cup chopped onion
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup broccoli florets, cut into ¾ inch pieces
- 1 cauliflower florets, cut into ¾ inch pieces
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ⅓ cup shredded nonfat cheddar cheese
- 1½ tablespoon grated nonfat Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoon chopped green onions, optional
- Place hash brown potatoes in a colander and rinse with warm water for 1 to 2 minutes, until partially thawed.
- Set aside to drain well.
- Combine egg substitute and egg whites in medium bowl and whisk until frothy.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray
- Add vegetable broth and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and cook for 2 minutes, until softened; sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Add broccoli and cauliflower; cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Mix in hash brown potatoes and mix well; sprinkle with pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over top and sprinkle with cheddar and Parmesan cheeses.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, covered, 10 to 12 minutes, until eggs are firm.
- Cut into wedges and garnish with chopped green onions (if desired).
Calories: 164 Fat: .2g Carbohydrates: 27g Sodium: 259mg Fiber: 4g Protein: 7g Cholesterol: 0mg