The Best Light Pumpkin Pie
Author: Meals Matter.org
Recipe type: Desserts
This pumpkin pie saves 151 calories and 12 grams of fat per slice from the traditional version and it tastes identical!
- 1 cup Ginger snaps
- 16 oz Can pumpkin
- ½ cup Egg whites (about 4)
- ½ cup Sugar
- 2 tsp Pumpkin pie spice (cinnamon, ginger, cloves)
- 12 oz Can evaporated skim milk
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grind the cookies in a food processor.
- Lightly spray a 9″ glass pie pan with vegetable cooking spray. Pat the cookie crumbs into the pan evenly.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Pour into the crust and bake until knife inserted in center comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- Allow to cool and slice in 8 wedges.
Calories: 165 Fat: 1.5g Saturated fat: 0.5g Carbohydrates: 32g Sodium: 170mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 6g