Tahitian Stir Fry
Author: MealsMatter.com Dairy Council of California
Recipe type: Entrees
Quick to Prepare (under 30 minutes).
- 1 can (16 oz) Pineapple chunks
- ⅓ cup Soy sauce (reduced sodium)
- 1 tsp. Black pepper
- 2 tbsp. Cornstarch
- 2 tbsp. Sugar
- 1 tbsp. Vegetable oil
- 3 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 1½ cups Sliced zucchini
- 1 cup Chopped red or green pepper
- Drain pineapple, reserve juice.
- Combine soy sauce, pineapple juice, black pepper, cornstarch, and sugar in small bowl and set aside.
- Cook and stir chicken and garlic in hot oil over medium-high heat in large, nonstick skillet until chicken is lightly browned and no longer pink in center.
- Add zucchini and bell pepper to skillet; cook 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Add soy mixture and cook until heated through and sauce is thickened.
- Stir in pineapple chunks.
Serve over rice. Use rice without adding salt to reduce the sodium content.
Calories: 359 Fat: 5.8g Saturated fat: 1g Unsaturated fat: 2.8g Carbohydrates: 32g Sodium: 1485mg Fiber: 2.4g Protein: 43g