Swordfish with Mango Coriander Salsa
Author: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes Edited by Linda Eugene, R.D., C.D.E., Sue Spitler, and Linda R. Yoakam, R.D., M.S.
Recipe type: Entrees
The mango coriander salsa adds a tropical touch to this fish dish. Easy & quick to prepare; Low calorie; Low fat.
- 1½ lbs swordfish steaks
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1½ cups finely diced mango or peach
- ¾ cup finely diced red peppers
- ½ cup finely diced green peppers
- ½ cup finely diced red onions
- ¼ cup chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Brush fish with 1 teaspoon of oil on both sides.
- Grill or bake fish for 10 minutes per inch thickness, or until it flakes easily when pierced with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in bowl combine mango, red peppers, green peppers, red onions, coriander, lemon juice, olive oil and garlic; mix thoroughly.
- Serve over fish.
Calories: 219 Fat: 8g Saturated fat: 2g Carbohydrates: 12g Sodium: 111mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 26g Cholesterol: 49mg