Author: Fat Free Living Cookbook From Around The World by Jyl Steinback, Americas Healthiest Mom
Recipe type: Soups and Stews
- 1½ cups fat free chicken broth
- 3 cups skim milk
- 1½ cups sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1½ tbsp. fat free ricotta cheese
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 2 drops Tabasco sauce
- Combine chicken broth, sweet potatoes, celery and onion powder in a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- Pour mixture into large soup pot and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer 30 minutes.
- Remove soup from heat.
- Combine milk, pepper, Tabasco and cheese in a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- Gradually add milk mixture to broth and mix well.
- In separate batches, blend soup in food processor or blender. Refrigerate soup several hours before serving.
Calories: 102 Fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 18g Sodium: 328mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 7g Cholesterol: 3mg