Superb Salad Supper
Author: Supermarket Gourmet by Jyl Steinback, America’s Healthiest Mom
Recipe type: Salads
- 1¾ cups nonfat chicken broth
- 2 cups instant brown rice
- 1 cup diced celery
- ¾ cup sliced green onions
- 16 oz. can black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups diced oven roasted chicken or turkey breast
- 1 cup diced bell pepper (red, green or yellow)
- ½ cup nonfat Italian salad dressing
- Pour chicken broth into a medium saucepan; bring to a boil over high heat.
- Stir in rice. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Combine black-eyed peas, bell pepper, celery, green onions, chicken and rice in a large bowl.
- Add salad dressing and toss carefully until mixed.
Calories: 196 Fat: 1.9g Carbohydrates: 27g Sodium: 954mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 17g Cholesterol: 30mg