Summer Vegetable Paella
Author: Meals Matter Adapted from Everything Quick Meals
Recipe type: Vegetables
This recipe combines the sweetness of nectarines with the textures of vegetables. I really enjoy how the ingredients complement each other. Low Sodium; Low Fat; Vegetarian.
- 1 cup Dry brown rice (quick-rice if available)
- ½ cup Vegetable broth
- 3.5 cups Chopped raw broccoli
- 2.5 cups Chopped raw zucchini
- 2 Medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 Nectarines, pitted and sliced
- 2 tablespoons Dry roasted, unsalted almonds, chopped
- Prepare rice according to package instructions.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat vegetable broth over high heat.
- Add the broccoli and zucchini and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and nectarine, cover, and lower heat to medium.
- Cook the vegetables until crisp-tender, another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve Paella over ½ cup of rice, and top with chopped almonds.
Calories: 131 Fat: 2.5g Carbohydrates: 25g Sodium: 106mg Fiber: 4g Protein: 5g