Sugarless Berry Muffins
Author: The Fat Free Living Super Cookbook by Jyl Steinback, America’s Healthiest Mom
Recipe type: Breads
These berry muffins have a crunchy topping. Low fat; Low cholesterol.
- 1½ cups oatmeal, divided
- 1¾ cups flour, divided
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup skim milk
- ⅓ cup apple butter, divided
- ¼ cup egg substitute
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Lightly spray muffin cups with nonfat cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup oatmeal, 1½ cups flour, sugar and baking powder and mix well.
- Stir in milk, ¼ cup apple butter, and egg substitute and mix until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining oatmeal, ¼ cup flour, ¼ cup brown sugar and 2 tablespoons apple butter, mix until crumbly.
- Sprinkle crumb mixture over batter and bake in preheated oven 15 to 20 minutes.
Calories: 142 Fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 15g Sodium: 498mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 16g Cholesterol: 0mg