Strawberry, Yogurt and Granola Parfaits with Blueberry Sauce
Author: Meals Matter FoodFit
Recipe type: Desserts
- For the granola:
- 2 cups Rolled oats
- ¼ cup Sliced almonds
- ¼ cup Honey
- ¼ cup Molasses
- 2 tablespoons Water
- 1½ tablespoons Vegetable oil
- ¼ teaspoon Cinnamon
- ¾ cup Raisins
- For the blueberry sauce:
- 1 cup Blueberries fresh or frozen
- Juice of ½ lemon
- sugar (2-4 tablespoons-To taste)
- For the parfaits:
- 4 cups Plain, nonfat yogurt
- 2 cups Fresh strawberries
- 8 Tall parfait glasses
- FOR THE GRANOLA:
- Heat the oven to 375°F.
- Combine the oats and almonds in a medium bowl.
- In a small saucepan combine the honey, molasses, water, vegetable oil and cinnamon and heat through, stirring for about one minute. Pour over the oat mixture and stir to blend.
- Spread the granola onto a baking sheet and toast, stirring every 10 minutes until golden-crisp, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add the raisins. Cool completely before serving.
- The granola can be made ahead and stored in an airtight container for up to three weeks in the refrigerator or at room temperature.
- FOR THE BLUEBERRY SAUCE:
- Puree the berries in a blender with the lemon juice. Blend in the sugar by the tablespoonful, tasting after each addition, until the desired degree of sweetness is reached.
- Strain through a fine strainer, pressing with a rubber spatula to release the juices.
- FOR THE PARFAITS::
- Layer the granola, strawberries and yogurt and drizzle with blueberry sauce.
Calories: 314 Fat: 6g Saturated fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 62g Sodium: 76mg Fiber: 4g Protein: 10g