Strawberry Ricotta Souffle
Author: Meals Matter California Strawberry Commission
Recipe type: Desserts
Try this exceptionally great dessert, while incorporating some strawberries. Strawberries contain large amounts of antioxidants!
- Softened butter or margarine, for souffle dish
- 1 container (15-16 oz.) part skim ricotta cheese.
- ⅓ cup Granulated sugar
- 4 Eggs, divided
- 3 tbl. Unseasoned dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tbl Flour
- ½ tsp Almond extract
- ¼ cup Chopped toasted almonds
- Amaretto strawberries (recipe follows)
- Generously butter an 8-inch souffle dish; coat with sugar, shaking out excess; Set aside.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In mixer bowl, beat cheese, ⅓ cup granulated sugar, 3 of the eggs and 1 egg yolk, crumbs, flour and extract to blend thoroughly.
- With clean beaters, in small bowl beat the remaining egg white until stiff but not dry; gently fold into cheese mixture.
- Pour into prepared dish.
- Bake in center of oven 40-45 minutes until lightly browned and edges begin to pull away from side of dish.
- Cool on rack about 3 minutes until souffle begins to fall.
- Loosen edges with knife and invert onto serving plate with wide rim;
- sprinkle with almonds and dust with powdered sugar.
- Surround with Amaretto Strawberries. Serve warm, cut into wedges. Top each serving with amaretto Strawberries.
- Amaretto strawberries;
- In bowl combine 2 pint baskets stemmed and sliced California strawberries; ⅓ cup amaretto (almond-flavored liqueur) and ¼ cup powdered sugar.
- Toss to dissolve sugar.
- Cover and refrigerate up to 3 hours.
- Note: if desired, ½-teaspoon almond extract can be substituted for the amaretto.
Recipes and Photos provided courtesy of the California Strawberry Commission. Copyright 2004 California Strawberry Commission. All rights reserved. Add Granulated sugar, for souffle dish before starting the dish. Add powdered sugar for garnish.
Calories: 264 Fat: 10g Carbohydrates: 29g Sodium: 127mg Fiber: 3g Protein: 11g