Strawberry and Stilton Salad
Author: Meals Matter, calstrawberry California Strawberry Commission
Recipe type: Salads
This salad will make your mouth water. It is packed with antioxidants, that help protect your body from various diseases. Quick to Prepare (under 30 minutes); Low fat; Low sodium.
- 2 cups Sliced strawberries
- 2 tbl Chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbl Raspberry vinegar
- ½ tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Water
- 4 cups Mixed salad greens
- 1 oz. Crumbled Stilton cheese or feta cheese
- French bread (optional)
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl; toss well to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Strain mixture through a sieve into a jar, reserving liquid.
- Set aside strawberries.
- Add oil and water to jar; Cover tightly, and shake vigorously.
- Arrange 1 cup greens onto four individual salad plates.
- Top with ½ cup berries, 2 tsp dressing and 1 tbl cheese.
- Serve with french bread, if desired.
Calories: 73 Fat: 3g Saturated fat: 1g Unsaturated fat: 0.3g Carbohydrates: 10g Sodium: 98mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 2g