Springtime Stir Fry with Scallops and Asparagus
Author: Courtesy of California Asparagus Commission
Recipe type: Entrees
- ¾ lb. fresh California Asparagus
- ¾ Cup reduced sodium-chicken broth
- 1 tbs. Cornstarch
- 1 tsp. Light soy sauce
- 1 tsp. Sesame oil
- ¾ lb. sea scallops
- 1 cup sliced button mushrooms or 3 to 4 oyster mushrooms
- 1 med. clove garlic
- 1 cup cherry tomato halves
- 2- 3 thin green onions;
- 2 cups hot cooked rice (no salt added).
- Trim or break off Asparagus spears at tender point; rinse and cut into 2-inch diagonal pieces. Cook Asparagus until crisp-tender, about 3 to 5 minutes. Do not overcook. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Combine chicken broth, cornstarch and soy sauce and set aside.
- Stir-fry halved scallops and mushrooms in oil with garlic until scallops are just cooked through, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in cornstarch mixture. Cook, stirring, until sauce thickens. Add drained Asparagus, tomatoes and green onions; heat.
- Pepper to taste. Serve over rice.
Calories: 272 Fat: 2.4g Carbohydrates: 38.7g Sodium: 255mg Fiber: 3.3g Protein: 21.9g Cholesterol: 29mg