Author: Duke Diet and Fitness Center Cookbook, Spring ’05 Cookbook By Duke University Diet & Fitness Center
Recipe type: Entrees
- 4 lasagna noodles (cooked al dente)
- 16 oz part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 cups raw spinach, chopped
- ½ tsp black
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups low fat, low sodium Marinara Sauce
- Cook lasagna according to directions (al dente) and cut each in two pieces (8 pieces total).
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- In a bowl, blend ricotta, spinach, black pepper and egg in a food processor.
- In a non stick baking pan, spread ½ cup marinara sauce on the bottom.
- Divide cheese mix between the lasagna.
- Roll into tube and place in pan.
- Top with remaining marinara sauce.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake 15-20 minutes.
*The Duke Diet and Fitness Center’s meals are low in calories, fat and sodium, but high in taste. The Center’s meals have a daily total of approximately 1,500 mg of sodium. The USDA 2005 dietary guidelines for Americans is to consume less than 2,300 mg of sodium.
Serving size: 1 each Calories: 345 Fat: 12g Carbohydrates: 39g Sodium: * Fiber: * Protein: 22g Cholesterol: *