Spinach and Bow Ties
Author: Recipe was developed for the Produce for Better Health Foundation by Chef Mark Goodwin, CEC, CNC.
Recipe type: Side Dishes – Carbs
Each serving provides: An excellent source of vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium, magnesium and fiber, and a good source of potassium.
- 2 cups (4oz) uncooked bow tie pasta
- 2-10oz boxes frozen, chopped spinach
- 3 tablespoons ranch dressing
- 2 tablespoons shredded, reduced fat cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to directions on package. Drain and cool.
- Microwave spinach on high for 2-3 minutes until thawed. Drain well.
- Combine drained spinach, cooked pasta and dressing in a casserole dish.
- Top with shredded cheese and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes.
This recipe meets PBH and Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) nutrition standards that maintain fruits and vegetables as healthy foods.
Serving size: 1 cup Calories: 209 Fat: 7.2 Saturated fat: 1.3g Carbohydrates: 29g Sodium: 259mg Fiber: 6g Protein: 11g Cholesterol: 6mg