Spider’s Nest Dip
Recipe type: Appetizers & Snacks
- 2 (8-ounce) package Cream cheese
- 1 (1.25-ounce) package Taco seasoning mix
- 1½ cups Sour cream
- 1 (16-ounce) can Black refried beans
- 1 (12-ounce) package Shredded Mexican cheese
- ½ cup Fresh chunky salsa (from your grocery’s deli section)
- 1 (2.25-ounce) can Chopped black olives
- 1 cup Guacamole (from your grocery’s deli section)
- 1 (15-ounce) can Whole black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 to 6 bags Blue tortilla chips
- In a small bowl, mix cream cheese and ½ packet of taco seasoning with 1 cup of the sour cream (hold the rest of the sour cream to decorate). Set mixture aside.
- Spread a thin layer of refried beans in the bottom of a microwaveable serving dish. Add a layer of shredded cheese. Heat dish in microwave for 1 minute, until cheese is slightly melted.
- Drain the salsa and layer it over the cheese. Drain the olives and layer over the salsa. Add a layer of the sour cream mixture. Add a layer of guacamole.
- To decorate the top, spoon a medium sized dollop of sour cream in the center. This is the spider’s “nest.”
- Spoon the rest of the sour cream into an air-tight bag. Cut a very small piece out of 1 of the bottom corners of the bag and, starting at the outer edge of the dip, pipe a thin circle around the perimeter. Create another circle half way between the perimeter circle and the center dollop, creating 3 circles.
- Using a knife blade, toothpick or skewer, drag a thin line of the sour cream from the “nest” outward toward the edge of the dish. Continue making lines all around the “nest” to complete the spider web design. Position whole black beans onto the sour cream “web.”
- Embellish with plastic decorative spiders. Serve with a bowl of blue tortilla chips, and watch your guests scurry to get a bite!
Analysis for Yield=24 To make lighter version: use light cream cheese, sour cream and cheese. Calories: 209 Fat: 10g
Calories: 251 Fat: 16g Saturated fat: 8.9g Unsaturated fat: 0.5g Carbohydrates: 17g Sodium: 546mg Fiber: 5g Protein: 10g