Spicy Vegetable Pancakes
Author: Meals Matter vegetariantimes.com
Recipe type: Side Dishes – Carbs
Good Source of Calcium; High Fiber.
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Curry powder
- 1 teaspoon Crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 Medium red onion, halved and sliced
- 1 Medium green bell pepper, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 Medium yellow or orange bell pepper; halved and thinly sliced
- 1 Medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 Medium tomatoes, halved and sliced
- 1 cup Low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons Honey
- 2 Fresh red chilies, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons Chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon Chopped fresh mint
- ½ Cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1½ cups All-purpose whole-wheat flour
- 3 Large eggs
- 1½ cups Low fat milk
- 2 Fresh chilies, green and red, seeded and chopped
- ½ teaspoon Ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon Chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons Butter
- Preheat broiler. In small saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add curry powder, red pepper flakes and a little salt. Cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Arrange vegetables on broiler pan and brush with seasoned oil. Broil vegetables until beginning to brown, 12 to 15 minutes, turning once.
- Meanwhile, make raita. In serving bowl, whisk yogurt and honey until blended. Stir in remaining ingredients and set aside.
- Make pancakes. In large bowl, mix flour and salt. Beat eggs well, then add to flour. Continue mixing and gradually stir in milk. Add chilies, cumin and cilantro, and mix well. Let batter stand for 30 minutes.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat ½ teaspoon butter over medium heat. Pour in about one-quarter of batter, tilting pan so batter spreads evenly. When bubbles begin to appear on top of pancake, flip it over with a spatula and cook for about 1 minute on the other side. Transfer pancake to plate and keep warm. Cook remaining pancakes as directed.
- To serve, roll vegetables in each pancake and serve with any remaining vegetables and raita.
Calories: 457 Fat: 16g Saturated fat: 5g Unsaturated fat: 2g Carbohydrates: 63g Sodium: 184mg Fiber: 9g Protein: 21g